A plant-based diet (that is, a diet primarily composed of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds) can lessen your risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and some cancers. Eating all the wonderful nutrients in these foods helps you lose weight, strengthen your immune system, improve your sleep and energy levels and brings a new glow to your skin. Big claims, I know, but they are all backed by medical science.
As a plant-based chef educator, I help people learn to cook and love food that loves them back. My services include:
Completing a healthy eating assessment.
Here are some of the ways I can help:
1) We’ll begin by doing an inventory of the tastes and textures you most enjoy.
2) We’ll discuss your daily schedule and the other diners in your home.
3) We’ll identify the barriers you’re facing. What is preventing you from eating a more health-supporting diet?
4) We’ll assess your kitchen tools
5) We’ll assess your pantry and fridge
6) We’ll talk about your shopping routine
7) Together we’ll develop a customized plan for you to make healthier decisions about your diet based on your own tastes, schedule and abilities.
Some clients like me to come to their home and teach them plant-based cooking techniques. We’ll identify the cooking skills they wish to master and the number of lessons they need to achieve them.
Give the gift of my services for birthdays, bridal showers, or instead of flowers when someone has been diagnosed with a serious illness.
Collaborate with friends to have a plant-based cooking class in our beautiful old farmhouse. You bring whatever you like to drink and end up with a luscious sit-down dinner.
Prepping and Shopping Services
Some clients like me to shop and help them with prep to make mealtime less stressful.
Incorporating New Dietary Restrictions
I help families when there is a new dietary need–a child decides to be vegetarian or vegan, a parent needs a special diet for blood pressure or diabetes, or someone in the family is diagnosed as lactose or gluten-intolerant.
I help to cook for parties where there are guests with special dietary needs.
The Gift of Food as Medicine
Give the gift of my services to someone who has completed their chemotherapy treatment and wants to regain full health.
The best news is that I work hard to keep my fees in line with most people’s budgets. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your goals and we’ll find the approach that will work within your budget and time constraints.